Terms & Conditions
The Business, Royal Paws Pet Transport – ABN 90 106 503 586, (Referred to as “we” and “us”)
The Customer, the Person/s, Organisation/s or entity/s delivering or collecting the pet described in the services agreement
By requesting the services set out in the Agreement and these Terms, you accept these Terms by:
- Finalising the Booking according to the Bookings clause in your Services Agreement.
- Confirming by email
- Instructing us to proceed with the Services.
You Agree that these terms form the agreement under which we will supply services to you. Please read these Terms Carefully. Please contact us if you have any questions. Purchasing services from us indicates that you have had sufficient opportunity to read, accepted and will comply with these Terms
All bookings require a deposit of a minimum fee of $100 as a placeholder on the agreed scheduled trip. The Booking will not be finalised until full payment has been received by us.
Full Payment is required 7 days prior to the departure time and date of the scheduled trip.
Bookings made within 48hours of departure will incur a fee of $35
You must provide us with at least 8 days’ notice before the scheduled departure time and date.
Cancellations within 7 days of the Departure time and date will result in fees paid being forfeited
In the event that services are cancelled or interrupted due to circumstances beyond our control, we will be unable to provide refunds but will postpone, re-book or provide a credit note at our discretion where necessary.
A fee of $100 will apply regardless of when the booking was made
Refunds will not be provided within 7 days of the scheduled departure time and date
- Our Guarantee
We agree to provide our services as set out within the Services Agreement and these Terms with Due Diligence and care.
Our services may be provided to you via our contractors, Employees and third-party providers
- Right of Refusal
We Reserve the Right to refuse any Requests that are:
- Third parties
Third parties not employed or contracted directly by us will be your responsibility.
We responsible for the products or services they provide.
- Services Agreement adjustments
Adjustments to the agreed scheduled trip within 7 days must be agreed to by us in writing
Variations could include:
- Meeting points
- Meeting time
- Meeting date
Approval of adjustments will be at our discretion to ensure they fit within our operational requirements.
Upon approval we will send you written confirmation including adjusted fees (where applicable)
- Late Arrivals and no shows
To minimise the impact on all our customers, the driver and other pets on the scheduled trip, our driver will wait a maximum of 10 minutes following their arrival at the agreed collection/delivery location before continuing their scheduled trip at which time the Cancellation clause will apply
- Drivers Rights
Our Drivers have the right to refuse service for (but not limited to) the following reasons:
- Conditions of the travel clause not being met
- Conditions of the Vaccination clause not being met
- Full payment of the booking not being completed as set out in these Terms
- Rude, Racist or disrespectful behaviour
- In the case that services are refused due to any of the above reasons, the cancellation clause will apply.
- Conditions of Travel
It is your responsibility to ensure that your pet does not have symptoms, health issues or behaviours, including but not limited to:
- BAOS, Respiratory distress, shortness of breath, nasal congestion, noisy breathing, snoring or reverse sneezing.
- Obesity, stress, fainting/collapsing, high blood pressure, overheating or coughing
- Worms, fleas or ticks
- Over excited, nervous, violent, ill-mannered or disruptive behaviours
- Dogs classed in a restricted breeds category
- Breakdowns and Major Delays
- In The event of a vehicle breakdown or delay, these terms and conditions are not altered, we reserve the right to alter the meeting point locations and times to accommodate any breakdowns or delays.
- We do not provide refunds regardless of if there has been a breakdown or major delay, break downs and major delays are out of our control, we will ensure we deliver your pet safely as agreed.
- Our insurances
We hold a range of insurance policy including Public Liability, Comprehensive Motor Vehicle and business insurances. Including consumer protections, you are provided with assurances of cover whilst using our services for any instances that we would normally be deemed to be liable in the event that our misconduct or negligence has resulted in the sickness, injury or death of your pet.
Available insurances policies and liabilities do not extend to cover veterinary bills, death or loss associated with BAOS or any other pre-existing physical conditions
- Private Pet insurance
Whilst we do not offer private pet insurance, we highly recommend you obtain a private pet insurance policy from a reputable company such as the RSPCA, not just for the scheduled trip with us but for the protection of both yourself and your pet in the foreseeable future.
You accept that have the right to impose stand down charges and recover additional costs incurred where our services are delayed by reasons out of our control and we are unable to reasonably reschedule services.
- PRICING AND PAYMENT
All amounts are stated in Australian dollars. All amounts provided to you include Australian GST (where applicable).
You agree to pay us the amounts as set out in your services agreement at the time of booking Including any approved adjustment fees incurred after booking has been completed by the payment date as set out in these Terms.
We agree to refund any adjusted fees (where applicable) following any approved services agreement adjustments which result in a lower fee structure
If invoices are unpaid beyond the specified due date, we reserve the right to:
- Charge interest at a rate equal to the Reserve bank of Australia’s cash rate from time to time plus 12% per annum, calculated daily
- engage in debt collection services for the collection of unpaid and undisputed debts.
- commence legal proceedings for any outstanding amounts owed to us at your expense
- report bad debts to the independent credit data agencies
- Brachycephalic dogs (also known as Brachy Dogs) are dog breeds with snubbed noses, for example American and British Bulldog’s, Boxer’s and Shar Pei’s. These distinctive features can cause Brachycephalic Breeds to have breathing difficulties Making it difficult to regulate their temperature increasing the risk of over heating from temperature fluctuations or stress or in some cases hyper excitement.
- Any conditions, health issues, symptoms or difficulties your pet may have must be disclosed during the booking process
- We reserve the right to refuse transport to any pet displaying a condition, Health issues, symptoms or difficulties
- To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim all responsibility and liability for any loss, injury, death or damage to any animal due to any cause.
It is the Owners responsibility to ensure their pet is appropriately vaccinated and protected according to their own needs and/ or beliefs
Animals must be vaccinated 14 days prior to the departure time and date.
Animals transported within this period are carried entirely at the owner’s risk.
- Tranquilisers and sedatives
- Tranquilisers and Sedatives should not be used on animals being transported due to an increased risk to the animal whilst under sedation.
- Where Tranquilisers or sedatives are required, they are to be arranged by the client and prescribe, issued and administered by the client’s own veterinarian.
- We hold no responsibility for complications arising from the administration or use of tranquilisers or sedatives.
- Litters, Families or multiple pets travelling must have unique identification to ensure our driver can identify the correct pet when dropping off at meeting points
- We have a microchip reader on board and recommend this is the identification method used.
- Where drop offs to different meeting points are required, the identification of each pet must be disclosed during the booking process.
- Luggage can be transported with your pet however it is limited to 1 bag per customer and must NOT exceed 300mm wide x 300mm Deep x 300mm High
- We reserve the right to refuse luggage that exceeds the mentioned dimensions.
- All feeding requirements must be disclosed during the booking process.
- It is recommended that dogs not be fed at least 9 hours prior to transport
- It is the responsibility of the owner to provide food for their pet however upon request we will have food on board
- To minimise the risk of motion sickness, feeding is kept to a minimum.
- All food must fit within the luggage provided by the owner.
- As we do not have refrigeration facilities on board, we will not accept raw, cooked or frozen foods.
- Pet illness
- In the case your pet suffers symptoms or illness resulting during a trip, we reserve the right to take your pet to the nearest available vet at the owner’s cost. The Owner will be liable for all costs incurred by the vet and Royal Paws as a result.
- To minimise the impact on all other pets onboard, we reserve the right to continue on with the trip leaving you pet in the care of the vet and re-schedule pick up on another service. The owner will be liable for all costs incurred from the Vet and Royal Paws as a result.
- Consumer Law, Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
- Service Standard
We will provide the services with due care and skill, the services will be fit for the purposes that we advertise and we will supply the services within a reasonable time
Certain legislation including the Australian consumer law (ACL) in the competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and similar consumer protection laws and regulations may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees and remedies relating to the provision of services by us to you which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (Statutory Rights)
Except for your statutory rights, we exclude all express and implied warranties representations and guarantees and all material and work is provided to you without warranties.
Where the provision of Services depends on your information or response, we have no liability for a failure to perform the services, where it is affected by your delay in response or supply of incomplete or incorrect information.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude liability for:
- The services being unavailable
- Any Claims for Loss of Profits, Revenue, Production, Opportunity, Access to markets, Goodwill, Reputation or any loss or damage relating to business interruption or otherwise, suffered by you or made against you arising out of or in connection with your inability to access or use the services or the late supply of services, even if we were expressly advised of the likelihood of such loss or damage
To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim all responsibility and liability for:
- Products you purchase from a third party
- Additional fees where you have provided inaccurate or incorrect information.
- Any loss, damage that may occur on your behalf, including but not limited to, loss of income or costs associated with transportation to meet our driver for collection or delivery due to our delay on arrival.
- Any travel dates becoming unavailable
- Any cancellations or postponements of the service due to safety reasons such as – extreme heat
- Any loss, injury, death or damage to any animal due to any cause pursuant to the carrying out of services.
- Any changes to the proposed travel dates
To the extent permitted by law, our total liability arising out of or in connection with the services, however arising, including under contract, tort including negligence, in equity, under statute or otherwise, is limited to us re-supplying the services to you, or at our option, us refunding to you the amount you have paid us for the services to which your claim relates. Our total liability to you for all damages in connection with the services will not exceed the price paid by you under these Terms and pursuant to the Services Agreement for the 12 month period prior to the act which gave rise to the liability, or one hundred dollars(AUD$100) if no such payments have been made.
- You are liable for and agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless for and against any and all claims, liabilities, suits, actions and expenses, including costs of litigation and reasonable legal costs, resulting directly or indirectly from:
- Any information provided by you that is not accurate, up to date or complete or is misleading or misrepresenting.
- Your breach of these Terms
- Any misuse of the services by you, your employees, contractors or agents
- You agree to co-operate with us (at your own expense) in the handling of disputes, complaints, investigations or litigation that arises out of or relates to incorrect information you have given us.
We agree to comply with the legal requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other application legislation or privacy guidelines.
You Consent to us stating that we Provided Services to you, including but not limited to mentioning you on our website, social media platforms and promotional material
You acknowledge that we are able to send electronic mail to you and receive electronic from you. You release us from any claim you may have as a result in any unauthorised copying, recording, reading or interference with that document or information after transmission, for any delay or non-delivery of any document or information and for any damage caused to your system or any files by transfer.
- Force Majeure
We will no be liable for any delay or failure to perform our obligation under these terms if such a delay is due to any circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Business Day
Means a day which is not a Saturday, Sunday, bank or public holiday in New South Wales
Includes a claim, notice, demand, right, entitlement, action, proceeding, litigation, prosecution, arbitration, investigation, judgement, award, damage loss, cost, expense or liability however arising, whether present, unascertained, immediate future or contingent, whether based in contract, tort or statute, whether indirect, incidental, special, consequential and/or incidental, and whether involving a third party or a party to the terms otherwise
- Confidential Information
Includes confidential information about you, your credit card or payment details and the business, structure, programs, processes, methods, operating procedures, activities, products and services, trade secrets, know how, financial, accounting, marketing and technical information, customer and supplier lists including prospective customer and supplier information), ideas, concepts, technology and other information of wither party whether or not such information is reduced to a tangible form or marked in writing as “confidential”.
Means your animal as specified by you during the booking process
- Intellectual property
includes any and all present and future rights to intellectual and industrial property throughout the world, and includes all copyright and analogous rights, all rights in relation to inventions (including patent rights), patents, improvements, registered and unregistered trademarks, designs, any corresponding property rights under the laws of any jurisdiction, discoveries, circuit layouts, trade names, trade secrets, secret processes, know-how, concepts, ideas, information, processes, data or formulae, business names, company names or internet domain names, and any Confidential Information.
- Meeting Point
means as set out in the final itinerary.
- Moral Rights
means the right of attribution of authorship, the right not to have authorship falsely attributed and the right of integrity of authorship, as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Party and Parties means a party or parties to these Terms.
- Schedule means the Schedule to which these Terms are attached.
- Services are set out in the Schedule.
- Special Conditions means the special conditions, if any, detailed in the Schedule.
- Symptoms means Noisy Breathing, snoring, coughing, reverse sneezing, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, high blood pressure, fainting or collapsing, flatulence, death or anything else in our sole discretion.
- Terms means these terms and conditions.
- Travel Date means as set out in the final itinerary.
- Travel Route means as set out in the final itinerary.
- Variation means amended or additional services, including but not limited to changes to the Schedule, Services, or Fees.